Learning at Heritage
At Heritage College teachers work closely to explore, develop and implement effective pedagogy that builds student learning power and aligns with the College values.
Each student’s learning journey is important. Learning at Heritage College is based on an in-depth knowledge of each student’s strengths, challenges and growth opportunities. We are interested in where students have come from and where they are going. To nurture personal growth our students are taught to be reflective learners and self-managers.
Learning never stops. How and when learning occurs is ever-changing and our teachers and students are encouraged to be curious, adventurous, investigative and craftsmanlike in their approach to learning. Creativity is not bound to any particular subject or location. To build creativity our students are taught to be creative thinkers and independent enquirers.
Heritage College is a place to belong, a place where problems are solved and relationships restored. Our staff and students are invited to be collaborative, open and empathic. To develop an inclusive learning community our students are taught to be effective participators and team workers.
To enliven these values the Heritage College teaching and learning program incorporates:
- A foundation that fosters Godly attitudes and values
- The needs and abilities of individual students
- A composite class environment (2 – 3 academic year levels)
- Meaningful evaluation and continuous individual student records
- Relevant reporting to and communication with parents as learning partners
- Student participation in planning and learning goal setting
- Access to creative and diverse learning experiences